Playing it safe with the “big guys” isn’t always playing it smart.
When you work with Agilis, you aren’t just hiring an actuarial consultant; you’re teaming up with experts who offer experience and strategy-driven solutions. Unlike larger actuarial firms that utilize a one-size-fits-all approach, Agilis takes a personalized approach to pension plan management. We start with essential services that address the core needs of all plan sponsors. We also provide tailored actuarial consulting services designed just for you.
When you choose Agilis as your actuarial consultant, you receive timely and efficient service. Larger firms are often slow to pivot due to inefficient processes, but at Agilis, we remain nimble. Our actuarial consulting services are all about open communication and fast solutions. We work closely with your team, ensuring projects run smoothly and investment strategies keep up with market trends.
At Agilis, getting to know you and your goals is essential to us. Our client-orientated approach is to build genuine connections and ensure our strategies align with your needs now and into the future. We’ll help you see the benefits and drawbacks of each strategy, allowing you to make well-informed decisions for you and your plan participants.
Standard Actuarial Services
- Funding valuation (data preparation and review, reconciliations, liability calculations, AFTAP certification, plan sponsor elections, report, etc.)
- Financial reporting under US GAAP, SSAP, IFRS, and CAS for defined benefit plans and other non-qualified pension or other post-employment benefit (OPEB) plans
- Plan audit (ASC 960 and routine auditor requests)
- Government reporting (Form 5500 including schedules and attachments, Form 8955-SSA, PBGC)
- Annual Funding Notice
- Non-discrimination testing
- Participant benefit statements
- Special accounting calculations (e.g. curtailment, settlement)
- Special government reporting due to corporate action or plan status (e.g. reportable event, PBGC 4010, 4062(e) event)
Strategic Actuarial Consulting Services
- Risk transfer initiatives, including lump sum cash-out windows, lump sum sweeps, and annuity purchases
- Plan design analysis and implementation
- Deterministic and stochastic projections, including funded status, contribution requirements, and expense
- Data cleanup initiatives and accrued benefit certifications
- Plan termination preparation and implementation