Offering a better way of managing a pension plan starting with the basic services that all plan sponsors require to the customized strategic consulting relevant to your unique needs.
Helping you maximize results for your objectives
Working closely with your team, we provide recurring services timely and efficiently to remove all headaches and stress from the ongoing work. We focus on understanding your long-term goals, immediate needs, and constraints and we only recommend strategies that specifically meet this criteria. We help you understand the pros and cons of each relevant strategy, so you can make informed decisions to achieve your goals and deliver successful outcomes for you and your plan participants.
Standard actuarial services
- Funding valuation (data preparation and review, reconciliations, liability calculations, AFTAP certification, plan sponsor elections, report, etc.)
- Financial reporting under US GAAP, IFRS, and CAS for defined benefit plans and other non-qualified pension or other post-employment benefit (OPEB) plans
- Plan audit (ASC 960 and routine auditor requests)
- Government reporting (Full Form 5500 including schedules and attachments, Form 8955-SSA, PBGC)
- Annual Funding Notice
- Non-discrimination testing
- Participant benefit statements
- Special accounting calculations (e.g. curtailment, settlement)
- Special government reporting due to corporate action or plan status (e.g. reportable event, PBGC 4010, 4062(e) event)
Strategic Consulting Services
- Risk transfer initiatives, including lump sum cash-out windows and annuity purchases
- Plan design studies
- Contribution or expense projections
- Data cleanup projects
- Plan termination services and filings
Plan administration services
- Collecting and maintaining participant database, through automated payroll feeds
- Benefit calculations and election forms, including non-routine calculations (e.g. late retirements, QDROs, disability retirements, and death benefits)
- Death audits and address searches
- Administration web portal available to plan sponsor to access participant database, run benefit estimates/calculations, create benefit election forms, access documents and statements
- Administration web portal available to participants to run benefit estimates/calculations, request benefit election forms, access plan documents and individual statements
- Participant call center to field questions, data changes, and benefit requests
- Fulfillment of participant communications, outreach for benefit commencements, and tracking for missing addresses
- Election forms processing
- Trustee/custodian coordination
- QDRO determinations
We provide all levels of administration outsourcing for defined benefit plans and customize our service offering to meet our clients’ exact needs. Ask about our back-office support, partially outsourced, and fully outsourced arrangements.
Questions? To learn more about our service offerings or how we can benefit your pension team contact us below.